Wild Horses Lodge consists of an accommodation wing, a dining room which opens onto an extensive terrace, a lounge with private library and a well-stocked wine cellar. A Koi pond, rim-flow pool, rose garden and landscaped indigenous garden complete the picture.
Accommodation is offered on a dinner, bed and breakfast basis or the Lodge can be booked in its entirety for private functions. Smoking is not permitted in the rooms, bar, Guest Lounge or Dining Room, as in normal Drakensberg accommodation
About Wild Horses
Occupying pride of place within the Sterkfontein Nature Reserve, a sandstone villa faces the breathtaking expanse of the Sterkfontein Dam and the Platberg Mountains. Tucked away in the Northern Drakensberg Mountains, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, this gem of a hideaway mountain retreat offers five star sophistication, designed for true comfort as well as aesthetic appeal. Bringing you tranquility, comfort and style. A place to rest and restore your spirit. This is like home ... only better.
• The Dining Room offers a five star dining experience;
• Massages can be booked by prior arrangement, are charged for separately, and take place in the privacy of the guest's suite;
• The library has a good selection of novels and other reading material;
• The guest lounge has underfloor heating, DSTV, Internet access and fax facility;
• The lodge has excellent 24-hour security and a rifle safe;
• There is Wireless Internet connectivity and good cellphone reception.
• Bar fridge
• Bathroom (en-suite)
• Bathroom towels supplied
• Bed linen supplied
• Internet connection (wireless)
• Patio / verandah / balcony
• Smoking: not allowed
• Television (with satellite)