Directions From Johannesburg to Thornybush Game Reserve:
• Take the N12 to Emalahleni (Witbank), where the N12 highway links up with the N4 highway
• Continue with the N4 in the direction Mbombela (Nelspruit).
• Approximately 60 km past Middleburg take the R 540 to your left.
• Travel though the towns of eMakhazeni (Belfast) and eMnotweni (Dullstroom) to Mashishing (Lydenburg)
• Take the R 36 (which becomes the R 527) towards Hoedspruit, passing through Origstad and descending
down the Able Erasmus Pass
• At Hoedspruit take the R 40 south towards Bushbuckridge - Refer to note in Red below
• Continue 6 km and turn left at the Eastgate Airport sign / Argyle Road
• Continue 14 km (tarred road) and turn right onto Guernsey Road (following the signs to Thornybush
• Continue 11km (gravel road) and turn left into the Thornybush Game Reserve gate
• Guests checking in at Thornybush Game Lodge and nKelenga to follow signage to Thornybush Game
Lodge. Nkelenga Guests will be collected from Thornybush Game Lodge
• Guests checking in at Saseka Tented Camp & Chapungu Tented Camp, follow signage for Thornybush
Game Lodge and continue to Saseka Tented Camp & Chapungu Tented Camp as directed once in the
• Guests checking in at Thornybush Waterside Lodge, Shumbalala, Monwana, Serondella, n'Kaya, follow
directions to Thornybush Waterside Lodge once through the Main Gate. Shumbalala, Monwana,
Serondella and n’Kaya Guests will be collected from Thornybush Waterside Lodge.
From the North on the R40 & From Johannesburg
• At Hoedspruit take the R 40 south towards Bushbuckridge
• Continue 22 km and turn left at the Guernsey Road turnoff
• Through the security gate and travel for 7.3km on Tar Road and a further 3.9km on dirt road
• Turn left at the T-Junction and travel another 4.2km to The Thornybush Private Nature Reserve Gate on