- 5 hour self drive from Johannesburg
- Flights to the closest Airports are Hoedspruit and Phalaborwa, road transfers are available on request from nearest airports.
24 x Luxury suites
1 x Royal suite
ABOUT SHIDULI PRIVATE GAME LODGE
Against the backdrop of theDrakensberg Mountain Range lies Shiduli Private Game Lodge. This lodge lends itself to a perfect family bush getaway, with children of all ages welcome. Shiduli embodies grace and elegance. Guests can step into the relaxed ambience of the lodge with its lush indigenous garden dappled in shade, lounges with internet facilities, bar, enormous sparkling pool and thatched dining areas punctuated with original South African art. Traversing over 9000 hectares of supreme and diverse vegetation, with its three perennial rivers and huge Jackelberry and Leadwood trees, Shiduli is home to the Big Five, as well as a wealth of other smaller creatures and bird species.
The 24 luxury suites feature en-suite bathrooms in African tones and The Royal suite lies tucked away a short distance from the main lodge, with its own private deck and splash pool offering tranquil, unsurpassed luxury and privacy.
Kiddies on Safari
Little Paw centre at Shiduli has a children’s program at an additional cost per day.
The Thera Naka spa
Since the earliest time, Africa’s original inhabitants lived in harmony with nature. Indulge yourself in some heavenly aromas at the Shiduli spa.
The open vehicle game drives are perfect for game viewing. Enjoy a sundowner while the sun sets over the magnificent Drakensberg Mountains. Game drives which are offered morning and afternoon/evening makes for perfect photographic opportunities; enjoy the view of the Lowveld from a “kopje” amid the lush vegetation. Drives are conducted with qualified game rangers and Shangaan trackers – who will share their vast experience of the African Bush and a chance to view Cheetah on foot.
• Laundry Facilities
• Swimming Pool
• Parking available on site
• Room Service
• Children’s programme
• Baby sitting
• Royal suite has an outside shower & private plunge pool
• En-suite bathroom
• Hair dryers
• Oil heaters in winter
• Mosquito nets
• Mini bar
• Coffee & tea station
ABOUT THE KARONGWE GAME RESERVE
Karongwe Private Game Reserve, overlooking the majestic Drakensberg mountain range in the Limpopo Province, is set apart from similar properties by the extraordinary lengths we are willing to go to in order to ensure that your stay with us is a memorable experience. It is our people that create the magic of Karongwe and our dedicated and professional team are with us not simply because they want to work on one of the best natural game reserves in the world, they are here because they genuinely care about their work and their environment – elements which they carry out with passion.
Traversing over the 9000 hectares of African bushveld, Karongwe Private Game Reserve is home to the Big Five as well as a wealth of other creatures. Some other amazing activities are also on offer in the area.
Activities near Karongwe Game Reserve
• Moholoholo Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre - Gain an understanding of the dangers that our wildlife faces today with a visit to the Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre. Dedicated to the conservation of endangered species and the rehabilitation of injured and poisoned wildlife.
• Hot Air Ballooning (Hoedspruit) – Float over the stunning Sabie river near Hazyview – to beautiful for words!
• Panorama Tour - Explore one of South Africa’s most picturesque routes with an experienced guide as you take a tour of the area’s many natural wonders - The Pinnacle, God's Window, Lisbon Falls, Bourke's Luck Potholes, Blyde's River Canyon, Three Rondavels.