Located within the Marakele National Park, Marataba Mountain Lodge is just 3.5 hours drive from Johannesburg.
5 Luxury Eco-Suites
ABOUT MARATABA MOUNTAIN LODGE
Marataba Mountain Lodge is situated on the Kransberg Range and is part of the Waterberg Biosphere. Its trails extend over peaks and valleys, and promise some of the most spectacular scenery South Africa has to offer.
• The Marakele Reserve is unique in respect of topography, flora and fauna.
• The variety of terrain and vegetation makes for a unique walking experience every time you leave the camp.
• These are true wilderness trails, with no sign of civilization. It’s just you and the wilderness.
• Marataba Mountain Lodge is all about healthy living, and guests are treated to an interactive culinary experience with Marataba’s chef who specializes in fresh, organic and delicious meals – many of which are prepared over an open fire.
• Morning and afternoon trails depart from the camp each day, with the option of enjoying a full-day hike and picnic in winter.
• A variety of trails options are available, differing in respect of degree of difficulty and fitness required. Trails range from trekking over the top of the Kransberg range, to traversing through gorges.
• Regardless of the route, the one thing that remains consistent is the likelihood of encountering wildlife along the way.
• Evenings are spent in good company around the fire in the boma, learning about bush cooking techniques, local customs and legends.
• Astronomy finds its best practical application beneath these heavens!
ABOUT THE RESERVE
Marataba Reserve is one of the most spectacularly beautiful places we have seen, and we were left breathless when we first took it all in. Rich red mountain rock bears down on the verdant plains at its feet, and it is not hard to imagine a time long past when Stone Age settlers sought refuge in the sanctuary of Marakele. Contrasting mountain landscapes, grass-clad hills and deep valleys characterize the park. Rare finds of yellowwood and cedar trees, 5m high cycads and tree ferns are some of the plant species you will find. All of the large game species from elephant and rhino to the big cats, as well as an amazing variety of birds (including the largest colony of endangered Cape vultures in the world, with more than 800 breeding pairs) have settled here.
King size bed, convertible to Twin
En-suite bathroom with a rain
Private shaded viewing deck
Dance shower (with a view)
Free standing vanity
In room Safe