|01 April 2018 - 10 January 2019||Luxury Cottage||R 10,075 pppn sharing||special rate for advance bookings|
SELF DRIVE DIRECTIONS TO KIRKMAN’S KAMP FROM JOHANNESBURG
• Take the N12 (which turns into the N4) from Johannesburg to Nelspruit.
• A ring road has been built around Nelspruit, so that you do not need to drive through the town.
When you reach Nelspruit, carry on along the N4, following the signs for Malelane and the Lebombo border post, and bypass the turnoff for the city centre.
Once you have passed the bridge, take the slip road for the R40 to White River. Please be careful, as this road is only signposted once.
• Turn right at the bottom of the offramp.
• At the turning circle, take the road that is marked White River to your left.
• Turn left at the second set of traffic lights. This will take you onto the main road heading out of Nelspruit (the R40).
• Follow the R40 towards White River. As you approach White River, continue straight at the traffic circle and do not turn right.
Once you have reached White River, the R40 will become the R538. Continue straight and cross over Danie Joubert Street, then turn left onto the R538 (Theo Kleyhans Street).
• When you reach the turning circle on the hill near the Casterbridge Centre, you will see that the road is
marked Hazyview in both directions.
Turn left onto the R40 once again. Continue straight into town and turn left when you reach the T-junction, following the sign towards Hazyview.
• Once you have reached the centre of town, turn right onto the R536 towards the Paul Kruger Gate.
This intersection is at the second traffic light, just past the walkover bridge and at the Blue Haze Mall. You will
see a KFC on the corner on your right.
• Continue along this road for approximately 37 km and then turn left into a dirt road at the Kirkman’s Kamp sign (a large, wooden sign).
Continue on this road until you reach a Tjunction, where you will see another sign for Kirkman’s Kamp.
Turn right, drive over a cattle grid and continue along the game reserve fence until you reach Shaw’s Gate at the entrance to the Sabi Sand Game Reserve.
Please note that there are no signs for Kirkman’s Kamp at the gate.
• You will need to pay an entrance fee at Shaw’s Gate. This fee is calculated per vehicle and per person and is subject to change. The exact fee can be confirmed at the time of reservation.
• Once inside the Sabi Sand Game Reserve, take the road towards Lion Sands.
Remain on this road until you have passed Lion Sands, Sabi Sabi Bush Lodge and Selati Lodge.
You will cross over a big intersection, where you will see a sign for Kirkman’s Kamp.
After this intersection the road will split. Keep right and follow the sign for Kirkman’s Kamp.
Stay on this road until you pass a black and white boom gate.
Just after this gate, you will see a sign for Kirkman’s Kamp and turn left.
Follow this road until the reach the lodge.
• Johannesburg / Kirkman’s Kamp 500 km – 5 to 6 hours
• Hazyview / Kirkman’s Kamp 75 km - 1 hour
• Nelspruit / Kirkman’s Kamp 150 km - 1 hour and 45 minutes
If using a GPS navigator, please do not follow the route through the Kruger National Park, as you will need to pay the Kruger National Park day fee in addition to the Shaw’s Gate entrance fee.
There is no access to the Sabi Sand Game Reserve from inside the Kruger National Park.
It is only recommend that you make use of a GPS when travelling on South Africa’s main roads.
GPS maps do not generally feature most dirt roads and thus we advise that you please take care to follow the travel directions provided at all times during your journey to our lodges.
As you approach the lodge, please be aware that you are in a wilderness area where predators and high-profile game roam freely.
Do not leave your car for any reason.
Please adhere to the speed limits within the reserve at all times.